This is a four part class offered via Zoom on Monday evenings February 26, March 4, 11 and 18, 2024, 7:00-8:30 pm. Join us from the convenience of your home.
In Doing Life with Your Adult Children, parenting expert Jim Burns helps you navigate the toughest and the most rewarding parts of parenting your grown kids. Speaking from his own personal and professional experience, Burns offers practical answers to questions such as these:
- Is it OK to give advice to my grown child?
- What’s the difference between enabling and helping?
- What boundaries should I have if my child moves back home?
- What do I do when my child doesn’t seem to be maturing into adulthood?
- How do I relate to my grown child’s significant other?
- What does it mean to have healthy financial boundaries?
- How can I support my grown children when I don’t support their values?
There are positive principles for bringing kids back to faith, ideas on how to leave a legacy as a grandparent, and encouragement for every changing season. Doing Life with Your Adult Children is a unique resource on your changing role in a calling that never ends. This course is intended for parents and grandparents with children nearing and in adulthood.
The class is based on the book Doing Life with Your Adult Children by Jim Burns. You do not need to purchase the book to join in the class, but it may be helpful!