What is The Faith Alliance?
The Faith Alliance is a network of Christian churches, community partners and volunteers, that see value in working side by side to serve our neighbors as the hands and feet of Christ.
The Faith Alliance vision:
“That all in our community may experience God’s love, hope and joy.”
Liaison to Faith Alliance:
Crestview’s liaison to Faith Alliance is Mark Stachler. Mark represents us at meetings with other church partner liaisons to discuss how we can better serve the needs of our struggling neighbors together. Collaborative outreach activities lead and/or supported by Faith Alliance include Stepping Forward, WC Presbyterian Community Suppers, Summer Lunch, Summer Literacy Program, Feed our Neighbors in Need Food Drive, Help a Child in Need Succeed Backpack Drive and X Days. Interested in getting involved with any of these? Contact Mark!
Faith Alliance History with Crestview:
The Faith Alliance of Southwestern Ohio (DBA The Faith Alliance of West Chester and Liberty Township) was incorporated as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit in 2011. Jay Shephard (Crestview Member) and Pastor Alan Landes (Former Crestview Pastor) were founding board members/presidents. The Faith Alliance currently has 17 church partners and several other congregations and local organizations that partner with them. The Presbytery of Cincinnati is a financial supporter of the Faith Alliance. Sue Mahlock, another Crestview member, was the first Faith Alliance Director of Outreach and returned as a Board member in late 2019. Sue has been serving as Board President since December 2019.
Feed Our Neighbors in Need Food Drive (Every March)
- Involved since 2013
- As many as 22 local congregations are involved
- Crestview also donates to the Faith Choice Pantry at Stepping Forward
- Coordinators: Jeff LaPrete , Pat and Kate Smith, and Mark Stachler with support from Children’s & Youth Groups
X Days Community Service
- Involved 2013-2017, 2021
- Multiple projects to go BE THE EXTERNAL CHURCH; including work at local schools, One Way Farm for Children, Boys and Girls Club projects, visiting shut-ins and nursing homes, pickup up highway trash, etc.
- In 2017, Crestview organized and participated to shut-ins by our choir and other who like to sing
- Coordinator: Mark Stachler
Stepping Forward Tuesday Night Dinners – Hosted by Faith Community UMC (Tuesdays at 6 pm)
- Involved since 2011 (usually 2-3 times/year)
- First Signature Program of Faith Alliance Church Partners (now called Outreach Activity)
- Serve about 170 – 220 guests at dinner each week
- Crestview sends 6-12 volunteers to provide the meal, set up, cook and/or serve guests
- Coordinator: Renee Leuthold
Summer Lunch Program (9 weeks throughout the summer)
- Help monitor lunch offered by Lakota Lunch Bus to local low-income children at one residential neighborhood
- Prepare and serve lunches for parents in same low-income neighborhood
- Offer fun activities for children
- Coordinator: NEW COORDINATOR NEEDED! Please contact Sue Mahlock for details