The new Faith Alliance website was just recently launched with a new domain: www.thefaithalliance.com
Crestview Faith Alliance Involvement
The Faith Alliance mission:
“Alleviate local poverty, demonstrate Christian love.”
The Faith Alliance vision:
“To be the organization that coordinates the collaborative external activities of the West Chester/Liberty Township Christian Community to serve the needs of the community.
Liaison to Faith Alliance
Crestview’s volunteer liaison to Faith Alliance is Mark Stachler. Mark represents us at Faith Alliance meetings to discuss with other local church liaisons how we can better serve the needs of our struggling neighbors together. Collaborative outreach ministries organized and/or supported directly by the Faith Alliance include Stepping Forward, WC Presbyterian Community Suppers, Summer Lunch & Literacy Programs, Feed our Neighbors in Need Food Drive, Help a Child in Need Succeed Backpack Program and X Days. If you have interest in getting involved in any of the Faith Alliance outreach ministries please contact Mark
Faith Alliance History with Crestview
The Faith Alliance of Southwestern Ohio (DBA The Faith Alliance of West Chester and Liberty Township) was incorporated as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit in 2011. Jay Shephard (Crestview Member) and Pastor Alan Landes (Former Crestview Pastor) were founding board members/presidents. The Faith Alliance currently has 17 church partner members and several other congregations and local organizations that partner with them. The Presbytery of Cincinnati is a financial supporter of the Faith Alliance. Sue Mahlock, another Crestview member, was the first FA Director of Outreach for five years and resigned her post in 2018. She returned to the Board in summer of 2019 and was elected as Board President in December 2019.
Crestview Supports Faith Alliance Events such as:
Feed Our Neighbors in Need Food Drive (Every March)
- Involved since 2013
- As many as 22 local congregations are involved
- Crestview also donates to the Faith Choice Pantry at Stepping Forward
- Coordinators: Jeff LaPrete , Pat and Kate Smith, and Mark Stachler with support from Children’s & Youth Groups
X Days Community Service (Every April)
- Involved 2013-2017 – Not planned for 2020
- Multiple projects to go BE THE EXTERNAL CHURCH; including work at local schools, One Way Farm for Children, Boys and Girls Club projects, visiting shut-ins and nursing homes, pickup up highway trash, etc.
- In 2017, Crestview organized and participated to shut-ins by our choir and other who like to sing
- Coordinator: Sue Mahlock for Habitat for Humantiy; Rodney Barbour & Shelly Oehrle for shut-in visits
Stepping Forward Tuesday Night Dinners – Hosted by Faith Community UMC (Tuesdays at 6 pm)
- Involved since 2011 (usually 2-3 times/year)
- First Signature Program of Faith Alliance Church Partners (now called Outreach Activity)
- Serve about 170 guests at dinner each week
- Crestview sends 10-12 volunteers to bring meal and serve guests
- Coordinator: Renee Leuthold
Summer Lunch Program (6 weeks in June-July)
- Prepare and serve lunch to low-income local kids
- Two days per week, summer reading program service first and second grade Lakota students who struggle with reading.
- Coordinators: George and Eileen Hupp
Summer Literacy & ESL Program (Adena and Woodland Elementaries)
- Advocate: Sue Mahlock