Crestview is seeking talented musicians grounded in faith that would love to share their gifts and talents for our ‘Worship@11″ Sunday Services. Currently looking for Vocalist, Vocal/Guitar, Vocal/Piano.
- Lead Worship (music/related dialogue) at Sunday 11 am weekly worship and occasional participation at our 9:30 blended worship. (could be with other volunteer musicians from Crestview).
- Crestview’s worship style might be called “authentic eclectic” as we use psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs across “styles” to find music that specifically supports the scripture message of the worship time. Crestview’s vision for 11am Worship is to:
- Reach, engage and spiritually enrich persons of all ages and stages of their Christian walk, emphasizing an experience that will connect with young adults.
- Increase worship participation by welcoming new members from beyond Crestview’s walls
- Establish a worship experience that is geared toward those who might not be able to, or wish to, participate in our current Sunday service at 9:30 am.
- Ability to plan worship, collaborating with Director of Worship and Pastor(s) to include appropriate musical selections and other worship content.
- Generally, three songs weekly. Provide chosen song lyrics to the Director of Worship by Tuesday noon preceding each Sunday morning worship event to prepare Sunday visuals and slides.
- Planning and rehearsing songs with other volunteer musicians as necessary during the week
- Occasional internal meeting with Church staff as needed.
Gifts and Qualifications:
- A heart for worship leadership over a passion for performance.
- Plan/discuss/pray over worship service content provided by the preaching pastor with worship leadership (Pastors, Worship Director, Volunteer Musicians, Creative Team Members)
- Upfront leadership of 11 am Sunday Morning Worship (in partnership with the pastor(s) and other Crestview leaders, welcoming all to join in the participatory aspects of congregational worship, singing, praying, and any other appropriate worship postures or actions.
- A strong voice can convey the melody of the worship songs or work closely with another with such a voice.
- Rehearse and lead singing/instrumental music for worship
- Able to develop multiple vocal leaders or backup singers
- Able to mentor lay people who demonstrate an interest in leading musical worship, to create a group of Crestview musicians who may assist in leading worship
This Worship Leader Position is a salaried position meaning appropriate taxes will be withheld, and employees will receive a W-2 Wage Statement at the end of the year. Amount negotiable with skills and specific duties.