Profiles in Faithfulness – Mary Magdalene
October 10, 2021
Mary did not have a complicated faith—it was direct and genuine. She was more eager to believe and obey than to understand everything. Jesus honored her childlike faith by granting her to see his first resurrection appearance and by entrusting her with the first message of his resurrection.
· contributed to the needs of Jesus and his disciples
· one of the few faithful followers present at Jesus’ death on the cross
· first to see the risen Christ
· Jesus had to cast seven demons out of her
· lesson: those who are obedient grow in understanding.