Reflecting the Character of Christ | Love
July 23, 2023
Read the Golden Rule in Matthew 7:12— So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Here’s some simple questions from “Sunday School Sources” to get you thinking.
- Summarize the “golden rule”.
- Role play in your mind: someone who is not putting others first.
- Name something you will do this week for someone you don’t like.
- How do you feel when others let you pick first?
- How do you feel when other people won’t share with you?
- How might God feel when we treat each other nice?
- How should I treat those who don’t like me?
- In what ways has God treated you better than you deserve?
- In what ways can you treat others “like yourself”?
- Who treats us better than anyone else?
- Do we deserve God’s mercy?
- Who should we show kindness to?
- Why should we treat others well?
- How do we determine how to treat others?
- What example can we look to when we are uncertain how to act?